I have been playing around with recipes for super delicious weeknight meals that still fit into my macros that both I & my hubby can enjoy. This dish has a tangy cream sauce with salty, smoky bits of bacon and sweet sundried tomatoes. If you need something quick & easy, this dish came together in about 30 mins & then we served it over pasta. It's so good, you won't believe it's without any heavy cream or butter, not that those things are bad but not every cream sauce needs to be made with heavy cream, to be amazing!!!! And this certainly is just that. Enjoy!!!
10 slices of bacon
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup half & half
0.25 cup sundried tomatoes
5 oz goat cheese
0.25 teaspoon, coarse kosher salt
0.50 lemon, just the zest
2 tbsp parsley
1. In a cast iron skillet, over med heat cook the bacon til crispy, remove the bacon but leave the fat in the pan (this is where all the goodness comes in).
2. Place the chicken in the skillet, season with salt & pepper & cook til brown on both sides, maybe 3-5 mins. It won't be cooked all the way yet but you will cook it again soon.
3. Add the chicken stock & deglaze the skillet, getting all the bits off the bottom (it's got tons of flavor too).
4. Add the garlic & cook in the liquid for about a minute.
5. Add the chicken back to the skillet & allow it to cook until internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove chicken & set aside.
6. Pour the half & half to the skillet & allow it to reduce for about 5 mins. Then reduce the heat to low & add the goat cheese, it will melt & thicken the sauce.
7. Grate the lemon zest into the skillet & the sundried tomatoes.
8. Return the chicken to the skillet, top it with the crispy bacon & parsley & serve over your favorite carb, you could do rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. Enjoy!!!
Makes approximately 6 servings
Nutritional info (aka, macros)
24Protein/14Fat/40Carbs (served with pasta)/242g Sodium