Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Southern Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This is the perfect side dish for anytime of year. As a southern girl, I love sweet potatoes and they are one of my favorite comfort foods. My hubby often snares when I place a sweet potato on his plate but last night he was going nuts over these. Guess I will be making them like this more often.
1 medium Sweet Potato cubed
1-2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (just enough to coat them & help the spices adhere)
1 teaspoon Chili powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon dried Thyme
Salt & Pepper to taste
Garnish with your favorite Honey Mustard dressing
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cube up your sweet potatoes (NOTE: I cube mine a little bigger than I want them to be when I eat them because they shrink once they have been cooked)
3. In a cast iron skillet, add potatoes, toss them in olive oil, chili powder, cinnamon, thyme and salt & pepper to taste.
4. Place them in the oven for 15 - 20 mins. When you can tell they are done by taking a knife & piercing them, if it goes in easily then they are perfect. Remove.
5. Drizzle them with Honey Mustard dressing & serve. ENJOY!!!
NOTE: Please feel free to use more or less spices depending on your tastes but this flavor combo is unbelievable.